Thursday, July 29, 2010
Had my appointment with my high risk ob today. Baby girl is doing well. She weighs approx 2 lb 10 oz and is very active. Dr did a 3d u/s on her spine and I got to see her little hand as well. I wish he would have let me see her little face in 3d, but he did not. He was concerned that she may have spina bifida but by the end of my appointment he seemed to think that she does not have it. Her little head is growing about 2 weeks ahead but as of right now that really doesn't make much of a difference. I have been seeing my high risk ob once a month but now he scheduled my next appointment for 8/19- so 3 weeks apart now. He referred me to a pediatric neurologist that she can see before and after birth. Dr made me a dvd to give to neurologist when I am able to get in to see him. I am hoping to see him next week but I have to wait for high risk ob to contact him before I meet with him. Pictures are all from today. My face is red because I have a chemical burn on my face that hurts like you know what. Hard to believe that Baby Girl will be here in less than 10 weeks.
at 6:31 PM
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
I had my regular OB appt today. He told me that most likely baby girl will have to have her surgery at the children's hospital in town. Therefore, I will not see her until after I am released from the hospital and can go over to children's and see her. That is pretty depressing... especially if I have to have a c-section. I will have to be in the hospital for 4-5 days instead of the 2 days for a vaginal delivery. So, I am praying for a vaginal delivery like I had with Cody so that I can see baby girl sooner rather than later. However, They are 95% sure I will have to have a c-section. I am all for baby girl having the best care available. I know I am being selfish, but I want to hold my baby and see her. Kevin can visit her as can other family member's but I worry about the "bonding" with her. Oh well, just didn't want to hear that news.
at 3:15 PM