Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter & More

We had a wonderful Easter this year. It was great to have my kids together and out of the hospital! My 2 nephews, my niece, Cody & Cami were all together for Easter and it was fun for all. Cody even hunted Easter eggs. My mom & step dad bought Easter baskets for the kids and stuffed them full of candy & toys for them. Cami got little rattles, wrist rattles & feet rattles. She loves them all. Once I find my cord for my camera I will be able to upload pictures. I do not know where the cord is currently. I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter this year. Thank you for your continued support of our family. It means so very much to us. Gas is killing us (like it is every one else) we have to drive an hour to go to any of Cami's appointments. An hour there and an hour back and her Houston appointment is a 9 hour round trip. Gas is killing us... I try to make her appointments all on the same day as often as I can so that it will save on gas, but that is not always possible. I pray that gas prices go down at least a dollar a gallon soon. Camryn got approved for medicaid now- so that is helping tremendously. The only problem is that medicaid won't pay for some of her medical supplies. They want her to use certain supplies, but she has a reaction to 2 of them so we have to use 2 other different supplies that do not cause a reaction. The Doctor has contacted medicaid and advised them that Cami has to have these certain supplies due to a reaction to the others, but so far they haven't authorized them. One box of cloth w/ silver in it to help keep her neck dry cost $328.00 for a month's supply. They want us to use nystatin powder, but the powder causes a horrible rash on her skin so we cannot use it. The other thing that they don't want to pay for is just a plastic tubing that goes on her oxygen machine. That piece is just about $10.00 and we can use it for a while- so that one isn't one that we really worry about- the cloth is the killer. Anyway, thank you all for your support- we appreciate it very much. Thank you for all of your prayers for our sweet baby girl as well. Will update again when I can. Will try to find the usb cord for my camera so that I can upload pictures as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment