Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday I turned 33 years old. Hard to believe that I am already 33. I mean, where did the years go? I remember many different years in my life for different reasons. Through all the years I wanted to be a mommy. It was a dream that always seemed to be out of reach. Every year my birthday "wish" was to be a mom. Didn't matter if the child was bio or adopted- just wanted a child. Now I look at my son and know that he was more than worth the wait. He took me 32 years to have and I am so very grateful. I know a lot of people kind of "forget" about their struggles once they have a child. (have seen it first hand) I don't have to remind myself what a miracle Cody is. When I look at my son I see a miracle- a God given miracle. His beautiful smile, his gorgeous dimples and his expressive eyes. He is my miracle as is his beautiful little sister who is growing inside my body at this moment. Baby Girl will have to have surgery after birth for her hydrocephalus and I hope all of you will pray for her. I wouldn't wish mental/physical delay on anyone but if she is born with one or both I am okay with that. She is my daughter regardless of her ability or disability. I am going to have to get a couple parenting books to help me introduce baby sister into Cody's life. Right now I stay home with Cody full time and he has mommy's attention 100% of the time. He and I are attached at the hip pretty much, he still sleeps with us. Anyway, will go for now. Any advice on introducing Cody and baby sister so that Cody doesn't feel left out?

No comments:

Post a Comment