Monday, October 4, 2010

Now & Then












It is amazing just how far my sweet little girl has come. The older pictures are the day of her surgery. I took them right before she was taken down. She was 12 days old then. She is now 6 wks 4 days. So many people take for granted the health care that we have available to us here in the United States. I saw a child with hydrocephalus in Ukraine that never had a shunt placed. The poor baby's head was enormous and her little body so tiny. She just laid in her crib looking at the ceiling because she could not move her head even from side to side. She would look at you and smile though. I wonder about that little girl even today. I think about how many children that were born with hydrocephalus are just lying there, their caretakers just waiting for them to die. I thank GOD that Camryn was born to me and that we were able to get her shunt placed. Please leave comments if you have a story to tell or if you want to let me know anything. You can also email me directly at christyfaglie@yahoo.com Thanks for taking the time to read our blog. Also, Cami weighed in at 6lb 6oz and is now 18.5 inches long. *yay*



1 comment:

  1. Christy,
    Cami has changed so much. Her head look so good her shunt must be doing its job. Arent shunts amazing. Medicine has advanced so muh in the last few years. Yes we are lucky to have such good Dr.and Medical staff to help our children that need it.You have been blessed with this beautiful little girl and boy. God knew what he was doing giving you such wonderful children. You are a terrific mom!!!!!!!!!
    carol n

    ReplyDelete