Friday, February 18, 2011

Cami Is 6 Months Old Today
















Well, I finally have Internet again *yay* Cami is 6 months old today, but she is sick right now. She had a fever of 102.3 last night and they gave her tyl*enol and it went down to 98.1. Yesterday morning she vomited and was put on antibiotics in case she aspirated her vomit. I am learning how to take care of her trach and I do not like it one bit. They say it doesn't hurt her but I disagree. She cries while it is being cleaned. You can't hear her because she doesn't make noise anymore since she has the trach, but you can see her little face crying. You have to take off the ties around her neck and clean with a peroxide/water mixture all around her neck and especially around her trach. Then you have to use sterile water to rinse all the peroxide mixture off of her and then put her clean trach ties on and put her plastic "nose" on. The whole time you are doing all of this you have to hold her trach itself so that it doesn't come out. It takes 2 people to do all of this. The nurses all tell me that Camryn is the toughest one they have. She fights them and sometimes it takes 3 people to do her trach care. She is a tough little girl, lol. I haven't changed her trach yet though, just did trach care. I had a meeting with the Doctors, 2 nurses and the social worker yesterday about Cami's progress and things that we need to work on. I agreed that she needed a G-tube because with her ng tube (tube that goes in her nose) She pulls on it and I know that Cody will pull it out. It is uncomfortable and probably very painful to have it put back in time after time. So, I agreed to the G-tube placement- that way I can feed her straight to her tummy and then close the button and it is covered by clothing. So, I don't have to worry about anyone ripping it out. They did a mri/cat scan or something like that (I can't remember what they told me) this morning. The results came back that she has reflux (I already knew that) So they have started her on a medication to help with that and are also feeding her continuously to keep her tummy full all the time so that the acid doesn't build up. I don't know how that will work out when we go home- I guess only time will tell. Once she is over being sick I guess they will schedule her g-tube surgery. I also learned that some of that stuff that Cami will need at home to survive is not covered by her insurance. So, somehow we now have to come up with another $1300.00 dollars. I don't know how though. I don't understand why the insurance won't cover it either. However, the insurance will cover nursing 12 hours a day at first to help out. That will be very helpful with her trach care and stuff. It will be hard because she doesn't make noise- so if she is crying I won't hear her. I will have to look at her constantly to see if she is crying. I will have to get her on a feeding schedule and stick to it so that she won't be crying due to hunger. That will be hard though because at the hospital she is on continuous feeds so her tummy is never really "empty". I guess we will get it all figured out. Out of the $1300.00 needed to bring her home we have about $300.00 of it. So, we are in need of $1000.00 to bring our child home. I checked with the hospital about getting help there (financially) but they didn't have any program available. Apparently the insurance is paying about $11,000 already to bring her home. So, I guess that they feel that we can at least come up with $1300.00 I don't blame them though. It is life. If we can get all of the equipment needed, we may be able to bring her home maybe the first or second week of March. So, please help support us by donating for a beautiful pink "praying for camryn" bracelet from Melissa and beautiful ribbons by Tina. Part of the proceeds come to us to help Camryn. I promise you that the money is being spent on Cami. It is not being spent on us or Cody. All of the money donated will go to Cami- to get her home. I will post pictures of the Ribbons and Bracelet. You can go to Cami's facebook page "prayers for camryn" put that in the search at the top of the facebook page and you will find how to order them. Thank you all so much for your continued support & prayers. We love all of you. I am an animal lover- always have been. I would bring stray dogs and cats home all the time. I know my parents were not impressed with me. Once I was old enough to live on my own- I took in lots of strays. I had them spayed/neutered, gave them their vaccinations, had heart worm tests, gave them heart worm preventative, cared for them and found them homes. The ones that I could not place stayed with me. We spent thousands of dollars over the years caring for pets. That is why I have so many now- I love them- they are just like my children. a friend gave me this quote the other day and I thought I would put it on here. I was telling her how much I appreciated all of you standing behind us, praying for us in our time of need and giving us your hard earned money to help us keep our home. I was in tears with gratitude to all of you. The quote is this "Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return. Luke 6:38 NIV I have not looked this quote up- I just copied from her email. She was telling me that God sent you all to us to help in our time of need because we have always helped others in their time of need and that since you helped us- you will be helped in your time of need as well. If you could, I would appreciate you emailing me at christyfaglie@yahoo.com if you gave us a donation. Please email me with your name and address and if you could- the amount you sent us. The reason being is that I wrote down all the info in my spiral and it was torn up by a little 19 month old boy and I need the information. So, please email me with the information. Thank you all so much for your continued support. We love all of you very much. Remember to email me with the information. I have something that I want to send to you. Even if you did not donate money, but sent a card or letter- please email me. I hope you enjoy the pictures- I will put more under Cami's tab if I can figure it out. **Happy 6 Months Baby Girl, you are loved by many**

Love,
Kevin, Christy, Cody & Cami

9 comments:

  1. I am hoping to get a bracelet and ribbon by the beginning of the month I'd love to have them in support of little Cami. Im continuing to pray for you and your family!! I think of you every day!! I hope that little Cami gets to go home soon....*STAY STRONG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 HAPPY 6 MONTHS LITTLE MISS CAMI <3 your LOVED all around the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 month birthday Cami!
    I love that little princess of yours and will keep praying for her too:):)
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 6 Months! Those pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is getting so big. Happy 6 mo. She looks great. I know you will be glad to get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures of Cami! Hard to believe she is already 6 months old. They grow way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to see her in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lifting Camryn and her mommy up in prayer tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Six Months Cami!!!!! She's such a beauty, I love her sweet smile.
    I have been keeping you in my prayers.

    Thinking of you,
    Nancy in Michigan

    ReplyDelete