Thursday, January 8, 2009

Adventure

Well, today was not my best day for sure. As I was going outside this morning to start my car for it to warm up I slipped and fell down the steps. I landed on my rear end and hip. So, my rear end hurt, my back hurt, my hip hurt and the worst of all was I started cramping pretty badly. I came back inside and laid on my bed for a bit hoping the cramping would subside but it did not. I called my Dr's ofc, but my Dr is off on Thursdays so the other Dr's nurse told me to come in for an emergency appt. I get there and they found the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and my cervix is still closed and no bleeding. THANK GOD! Dr thinks that all the pain/cramping was just the ligaments that were stretched when I made the sudden impact. I wish they would have done an ultrasound, because that would have calmed me a lot more than just the doppler, but they did not :o( Anyway, once I get out of my Dr appt, my sister in law calls and tells me that my brother is going in for emergency surgery to remove his appendix. So, I spent the rest of the day at the hospital until he came out of surgery okay. So, it has been a VERY long day (and painful) for me. However, I am thankful to God that the baby is okay, I can handle pain as long as the baby is a-okay.

Christy & Bug due 7/10/09

1 comment:

  1. Christy,
    I sure hope you and baby are feeling better after falling. You need to take it easy..I check often to make sure you and baby are doing good.
    Hugs~Jody

    ReplyDelete