Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Long Hard Road

As I sit here day after day I think about just how lucky I am to be pregnant again. I never thought it would happen again and if it did, certainly not without medical intervention. While I am sad to have let Vlad & Ivanna go I am ecstatic about this new baby. This baby is truly a miracle, a true gift from God. I do not know what I have done to deserve such a gift, but I am grateful for it. Every day that I wake up I thank God for this baby. I am a more positive person every day that I am pregnant. I even give myself a shot 2 times a day with a smile on my face. I know to some that getting pregnant and having a child is just their "right" and is within their ability. I hope they understand just how lucky they are, after several losses I know just how special a child is. Hard to believe that I will be 16 wks on Friday. It is just flying by for me. While I cannot wait to meet my child, I am happy just being pregnant with him/her. We went back and forth on whether or not to find out the sex of the baby and we did decide to find out. If we are blessed again with another pregnancy we probably will not. However, with this one we have a "need" to know. I think that need it also my "need" to buy the baby things, lol. Anyway, please continue to keep the baby in your prayers.

***WOO HOO, I JUST FELT THE BABY'S FIRST FLUTTERS***
Christy

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Christy. I am excited about you feeling the baby moving.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is going well with your little peanut. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete