Thursday, September 16, 2010

5lb 5oz & Honesty

Cami is up to 5lb 50z as of last night. She is getting so big!! I won't be able to see her today because I am not feeling well and don't want to take a chance that I could get her sick. She is taking her bottle well- she gets better every day. She is still just feeding one bottle a day and the rest are through her tube. The swelling in her head has gone down quite a bit as well. She is so alert and active and GORGEOUS!! It is funny how much she looks like her daddy though. Cody looked just like me at birth and she looks just like her daddy.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has commented and that have been praying for us. The prayers are working!!

Carol- yes I know who you are and would love to order more - the chili was great!!! How can I order more?

Well, thank you all and please continue to keep Camryn in your prayers!!

When I found out I was pregnant with Camryn I was in shock. Cody was only 6 months old. I was very happy but I just "knew" that something would be "wrong" I can't explain it. It took us 7 years, lots of money and tons of heart break before Cody came along. Cody was our miracle our gift from God. We never thought that we would have that gift again. There were many nights that I cried myself to sleep thinking that I would never be a mom. That was all I wanted in the world. Then my beautiful, perfect little boy entered my world. I treasured every movement I felt when he moved, I loved to hear his heart beat and the day he was born my life was perfect. I did not love my child. I was IN love with my child and still am today. So, when I found out I was pregnant again I loved my child with all I was, just as I did with Cody. However, I just had a feeling that this child would be different than Cody in some way. When I found out at my 16 week ultrasound that I was having a girl- I was thrilled- I had the "perfect" family... a boy and girl. Then I found out that my perfect baby had hydrocephalus. I worried when I found out that there is a chance of death with this diagnosis. I cried and I worried about that chance. I cried quite a bit. I didn't cry because she had the hydrocephalus- I cried because of the small chance of death. Every day that I had her inside my body was a gift- every movement a miracle. I knew she would be okay. Then I went into labor at 29wks 5 days. They were able to stop it that time. However, when I went into labor at 31 wks- I was 6 cm dilated and contractions were a minute apart- no way to stop them. I had an emergency c-section and was cut from my pubic bone to my belly button. I saw her for a brief second and she was whisked away to the nicu. All I cared about was her health- I wanted to be sure she was healthy. Thank God she is- she is a fighter and I feel blessed to be her mom. Will update more later- Cody is tired of me not playing with him.

1 comment:

  1. Christy,
    She is so beautiful. I am so glad to hear your story and hers. I know what you mean about being terrified of the diagnosis of hydrocephalus. We were terrified as well. Seeing your baby for the first time after the shunt has been placed is scarey. I promise you her hair will cover it some day and you really will forget at times that it is there. It may take years but it will happen. My daughter is now 19 yrs old. She had her shunt placed at 9 days. If you have any questions or just need to talk to a mom that has been through it emial me at any time.Cami is so sweet. I hope you get to feeling better soon. How is your infection.
    When things calm down for you a little we can talk abut getting you some more chili sauce.
    Take care and enjoy both those babies. Praying for your family.
    carol n
    nfarm@marktwain.net

    ReplyDelete