Friday, June 5, 2009

35 Fantastic Weeks ~21 Days to go~



I am 35 weeks as of today *wow* hard to believe it has gone by so quickly. I figure the days will start to slow down now though since we are so close. I am on FMLA as of today. My swelling has gotten worse and my pain has increased 10 fold. I am sure I have mentioned it before, but I have a lot of scar tissue from having 3 surgeries last year (all in the abdominal/lower region) One of those surgeries was 3 weeks before bug was conceived and the last of the year when I was pregnant with bug (though no one knew it) There are a couple of other reasons as well, so my OB has taken me out of work as of today. I am sure that will make my days go by slower, but it will give me time to take care of myself and get ready to be a mom to bug. I do know that I will miss feeling him move inside me. I will miss his antics, dancing, and everything else that he does that entertains us. We love him very much and cannot wait to see his little face, but mommy will definitely miss "our" time that we have now. My nerves are about fried as well. I know that if born now he will be okay, but after so many losses I treasure every movement and the day he is born and I hear him cry will be the best day of my life. We love him so much and I will do anything for him. I know these are the same feelings every mother has. I know I will be over protective and I will have to learn to work on that. I have a lot to learn as a parent. I have "parented" many children in my life, but never my own. I will not treat him any different than I will any other child in my life, at least I do not think I will but I do not know that 100% yet, do I? I know it will be hard to discipline him and I will probably not let anyone else do it either except for his daddy. (I know, I definitely will have to work on that) He will also be sleeping in our room for the first year of his life. I am scared to death of SIDS, I know that it can happen anywhere but I will feel better if he is in our room for the first year of his life. My dad's ex girlfriend lost her little boy to SIDS when he was 8 months old. That scares me to death. I am thinking of renting a heart machine to attach to him when he is asleep for the first year. When my step sister had her children, they were premature and came home with a heart monitor, so I know I can get one. Enough rambling I guess... Just thinking & writing my thoughts today. Will post a 35 week picture tonight when Kevin gets home. My stomach looks bigger and smaller on different days due to what ever position bug is in. Sometimes I think he has his little butt poked out and other times does not,lol.

1 comment:

  1. Just 21 more days? Can you believe it? I am so happy for you and your husband! What a very loved little bug you have! Can't wait to see his sweet little face! Take Care,
    Amy........thanks for sharing all of your pictures, it's been fun watching your pregnancy progress!:)

    ReplyDelete